Subject: [Leica] Film in Yosemite
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2024 17:25:21 +0000

For this last trip I dusted off my Rollei 3.5F TLR and dug a roll of 120
Provia 160 out of the freezer where it has been sitting for 16 years or so.
I also dug out a roll of 400 Provia, too.  It was different roaming around
Yosemite trying to decided what 12 things to shoot.  I had to previsualize
and plan.  These are from the 160 roll, the second roll I took.  Most of the
time the sky was just boring blue the week we were there.  I dropped the
roll of at our local camera store as they still develop C41 twice a week.  I
had them scan them and put them on a CD for me.  Not a high res scan, but
that's what they do.  Besides, it was just a fun thing to do.  At one point
I really did not care if I even got them developed.  It was the experience
that was fun, but a saner mind prevailed for this roll at least and I got it
developed.

Here are a couple of shots from the roll.  The lighting was very harsh but
the film did a nice job, maybe even better than my digital for a few.

Cathedral Rock over a meadow.   Cathedral Rock and Meadow-0012
(leica-users.org)<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/s4/f/Cathedral+Rock+and+Meadow-0012.jpg.html>

And of course, had to get the namesake falls in there.  This is from the
Swinging Bridge area looking across Cooks Meadow.

Yosemite Falls at Swinging Bridge-0008
(leica-users.org)<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/s4/f/Yosemite+Falls+at+Swinging+Bridge-0008.jpg.html>

I have plans for the second roll.  I want to develop it in Rodinal for a B&W
neg.  I have read a few things about that and it sounds interesting.  I just
need to get some fixer somewhere.  Or I could change my mind and take it in
to the photo store like the first roll.  This one I think has better shots
with  maybe a few clouds involved.

Comments welcome

Aram

--
Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher

would ever have dared dream.?   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Film in Yosemite)