Subject: [Leica] Don't photograph the eclipse correction
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 16:39:06 -0400

Apparently there was a glitch in my eclipse message. I wrote "Remember that
the image on your camera?s sensor is only about 9 percent of the focal
length of the lens." Actually I meant to say that the image on the sensor or
film is the focal length of?the lens divided by 115. Thus for a 1000 mm lens
the image of the eclipse is about 8.7 mm. OK if you are using a full frame
sensor or film but a far cry from the size of?the image recorded by a real
telescope.
Larry Z