Subject: [Leica] S snapshots
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:25:42 -0500

On Sep 11, 2013, at 10:14 AM, Scott Gregory wrote:

> I don't really think it matters all that much if someone does not post
> Leica photos. After all we comment on photos from XE1's with or without
> Leica lenses, and I'm guilty of that. Jim Shulman let's us enter photos
> into his books using whatever one wants. Mark loves Leicas and is a good
> guy. I've met him at the LHSA meetings in the past. Maybe time to lighten
> up the comments.

I don't care what cameras anyone uses.
I like Mark; and I respect Mark's photographic knowledge and his photography.

However - his harping along the lines of,

"A long long time ago Leica gear became an unaffordable waste to discuss on
>> the lug as soon as Cosina made bodies and lenses cheaper and earlier to
>> buy
>> and sell and buy and sell."

wears very thin
when he shoots Nikon
and has not yet owned or used a serious Leica Digital;
while contrary to his claims
LUG members regularly, buy, use, discuss, post photographs
from each iteration of serious Leica digital bodies;
and including the newest lenses.

This is not a critique of Mark Rabiner, his beautiful photography;
or his vast photographic knowledge.

It is a critique of one particular post by Mark;
which represents a series of similar remarks made over time.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com