Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Hog "heaven"
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 16:22:07 -0500

On Sep 10, 2013, at 3:58 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> I think you were put off by the commercial uniformity on display.

> On Sep 9, 2013, at 11:04 PM, George Lottermoser wrote:
>
>> c & c always welcome and appreciated
>>
>> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=7921>

That's certainly one way to phrase it Nathan.
Quite a number of "turn offs" at play.

I've known (and still know) quite a number of Harley riders over the years.
Many truly do "ride hard" and "work hard" and for whatever personal reasons
love these things.
and I do understand "love of stuff" - bikes, cameras, pens, whatever.

Too many others seem to be weekenders; playing a role that doesn't fit them
the whole rest of the week.
Some of these "riders" trailer their bikes from around the country to hotels
in our suburbs;
then pretend they rode 1200 miles to be here with the "hardcores."

It's those very strange "wanna be's" who wear fine suits all week and
leather on the weekends
that put me off; and seem to be an ever growing majority.

Many of these bikes run beyond $30K before any custom accessories are added;
and nobody wants to ride a "stock bike."

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com