Subject: [Leica] Manchester United - Liverpool soccer
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 18:09:13 -0400 (EDT)

Nathan,
The MU-Liverpool game was long over when I made my post. The score had been
broadcast on the news and a replay of the game was showing when I sat at my
computer. I didn't give anything away
Ryan Giggs is clearly the class act of the MU team. True, he doesn't score
as often as Van Persie or Rooney but he sets up the goals, holds the record
for the most assists in EPL history, directs the action and is one of the
most reliable players on the field. To use a photographic analogy, he is the
Leica of soccer players. Not the most flashy but all around the best. Giggs
is the most decorated player in English soccer history. He is the only
player who has scored in every season of Premier League play and has been on
13 championship teams. In 2011 he was named Manchester United's greatest
ever player by a world wide poll. Unfortunately he will be 40 years old in
November and the years show. He is definitely slower than he used to be. MU
needs to sell Rooney (he wants out anyway) and invest the money in some
younger hungry players. That's what Liverpool did and now leads the EPL.
Larry Z