Subject: [Leica] f 22 and be there with a 105 2.5 Nikkor
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 23:03:36 +0000

Diffraction really only came in with digital, and primarily higher MP
cameras - try the same on a D800E?

When I was a pro photographer most stuff had to be in focus which is why it
was shot on Sinar/sheet film, what I shoot now is for myself and nobody
else....

john

I've shot f22 with all my cameras my whole life often and to get what was
needed in focus. Done this with all my cameras. Some stopped down to f32 and
id use that. The horrible lack of quality created by diffraction as related
on the LUG was never noticed by myself or any of my clients who kind of
expected to see most if not all of a pic in focus I'm pretty sure.

The idea of doing the bulk of my work wide open I've just never before the
LUG ever seen anyone do.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer