Subject: [Leica] IMG: Watson
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 23:05:59 -0700

Last month, Dr. John Kelley, VP Research for IBM, gave a lecture at the
Computer History Museum. In addition to personal history, he described the
process of developing the computer system, Watson, which bested the current
human champions at Jeopardy. In connection with this talk, a temporary
exhibit, which will stay a year, was set up by IBM and Museum staff. This is
the actual studio setup which was used in that Jeopardy Contest. The stands
are as they were in the studio: participants can write their names with a
stylus on a horizontal touch screen which is in front of them and the
writing will appear on the front panel of the stand. They have the actual
push buttons which contestants would push when they were ready to answer,
and there is a simulation of an actual Jeopardy session. I haven't tried it,
but our CEO did and said it was a humbling experience.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1003146.jpg.html

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204