Subject: [Leica] Two Saints' Day
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 08:00:17 +0200

Jayanand, you are talking about the same guy who went to Africa at the
height of the AIDS epidemic and told his flock there that condoms were
immoral. And now this man is being canonized. Go figure.

When he was still alive, it was totally unbearable to watch Polish TV news
around Christmas time (which when I usually visit my sister in Poland). Half
of each newscast was dedicated to the Pope's activities that day.
Fortunately, once he had died and was replaced by a German, the Polish
interest in the papacy went from fanatic to just devout.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain