Subject: [Leica] Dull Day Rufous Hummers - fresh crop
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:47:24 -0700

Hi Douglas,
I set up the camera on a tripod - 10 or 12 feet away - pointed at the flower
planters - and wait for the hummers to come to feed.
I wear mostly brown and green and don't make sudden movements and they
ignore me. Sometimes they fly quite close to make an inspection
but I have never captured them that way - I need them to be hovering to feed
if I'm going to catch them in focus.
Cheers
Howard