Subject: [Leica] Hong Kong 2013 Rugby 7's
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 10:20:07 -0700

Morning Luggers,
As many of you know we go to the Hong Kong Rugby 7's every year that we can
get tickets.
Of the 40,000 available only 4000 tickets are available to the public. This
year we were lucky.
Our son-in-law won a set of tickets in the internet lottery and so we were
able to attend
on Friday and Saturday while he and my daughter had to work. Then on Sunday
son-in-law
Ian and I attended while Esther and my daughter watched the games from a
nearby beer garden.
I wanted to use a 300 mm telephoto with my D800E and before the tournament I
went to my
usual used camera store in Tsim Sha Tsui and discovered it had been turned
into a jewelry store!
A sign of the times! So I went to Mirama Camera in Stanley Street, Central
and bought a new Nikkor 300 f4.0 ED IF AFS
and used it to take most of the pictures in the Rugby folder. It worked
remarkably well and the
D800E processed its 36 Mps fast enough to keep up with my shooting style. A
very satisfying three days;

There are 17 pictures in the folder, including one 6 panel pano for Philippe.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK7s2013/>

http://tinyurl.com/c2bopqr

Please look large and enjoy.

C&C welcome as always.