Subject: [Leica] IMGs: A wonderful dining experience…
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 16:20:24 -0500

On Apr 3, 2013, at 3:49 PM, Gerry Walden wrote:

> Nice images which conjure up a great environment George. What town are we
> in?
>
> Gerry
>
> Gerry Walden
> +44 (0)23 8046 3076 or
> +44 (0)797 287 7932
> www.gwpics.com
>
> On 3 Apr 2013, at 20:42, George Lottermoser <imagist3 at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> c & c always welcome and appreciated
>>
>> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=7201>

We're in the Riverwest Neighborhood of the city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin;
3 miles North of the heart of Downtown Milwaukee;
and just West of the Milwaukee River which runs through downtown;
from the Port of Milwaukee.

The neighborhood was first settled in the 1850's with luxury summer homes on
the west bank of the Milwaukee River.

As the "working" population grew and spread, from 1900 - 1920s, the
neighborhood became more working class with smaller homes; much more densely
populated; sprinkled with factories, bars and storefronts. My folks lived in
"rented flats" in or near this neighborhood during the 1920s (Dad was born
in 1922) and 30s.

In my university student days (1964 - 72), the rents were low; yet located
close enough to the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee campus for walking
and biking.
The storefronts made great art studios.
My first studio was about 4 blocks south of this restaurant.
My first student/shared apartment about 8 blocks south.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com