Subject: [Leica] Technical detail--why?
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:46:15 -0500

Ted sed:
"I DON'T CARE WHO THE HELL THE PHOTOG IS, THERE IS ONLY ONE THING YOU NEED TO
DO !   and that is shoot successful, interesting and on
occasion.......  mind-blowing photographs."

If you're a scientist engaged in optical experiments comparing the
composition of various silica glass lens components, I could see
making careful notes between each shot.

If you're doing catalog work, and consistency is important from page
to page, even if you are working in various locations,  I could see
making careful notes between each shot.

If you're shooting stills from an undersea vehicle of say the Titanic,
and you do some tests,  I could see making careful notes between each
shot.

Hopefully, we approach a picture from the other side.  We take our
experience, look at what the camera is telling us, and decide if it is
telling us the truth.

Sometimes cameras and light meters lie.   They really do.

Guys like Ted  know when the camera is fibbing.  They don't need
notes, or notebooks, or ledgers.  They have it in their heads; maybe
in their fingers.

If you find yourself fiddling around with a camera, looking at a
notebook, then you need to be carrying a photographer's bag instead of
pretending to be one.

--
Regards,

Sonny