Subject: [Leica] Leica M240
From: gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 06:46:20 +0000

Thought others ma be interested in these comments from street photographer
Eric Kim on the new Leica:

"Had some time to test out the new Leica M in Hong Kong from Gary Tyson.
Initial thoughts : I like the new sound of the shutter, a lot quieter than
the M9. Ergonomics are improved with the "thumbs up" esque grip in the back.
High iso performance is improved from the M9, although not as much as I
would like it to be. Colors om the camera looked good, but not sure if
necessarily better than the M9. The new LCD is quite beautiful and the new
interface is slick and nicely polished. Huge improvement over the M9. Live
view is pretty cool and works well, but the optional electronic viewfinder
lags a bit after you take a shot. Video is also quite nice, but doing most
people would use it in real life. Bottom line : I would stick to the Leica
M9 if you are a street photographer, as the extra bells and whistles are
unnecessary on the streets."

His words, not mine.

Gerry

Gerry Walden