Subject: [Leica] PESO: sharpness is a bourgeois concept
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 07:42:25 -0800

And here, I think I would have printed Nathan's image quite small..... maybe
5x7, maybe 4x6.... at which size, the sharpness issue seems to go away.....

Aside of the image in question, As a 11x14 or larger, sharpness would
polarize me....

It is interesting to note that in the early days of photography, sharpness
was obviously important.  The early shots of Civil War battle scenes or even
camps, were amazingly sharp ( helped by movements, but let's forget how and
concentrate on results).  Later we have the romantic photographs pre-AA and
the F64 Group that emulated impressionist paintings...  Then AA goes back to
sharpness.  Then there is the LOMO, followed by the M9 and Bob's ALPA.

It is a wild ride.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

I also have doubts how it would look in a decent size print.

Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] PESO: sharpness is a bourgeois concept)