Subject: [Leica] (new) STORY SERIES AS A TEST FOR THE NEXT BOOK? :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 08:21:59 -0700

Airborne 1965 **

==========

During my early days of flying I always unfastened my seat belt as soon as
the

"buckle up" light went out. I had this kind of reckless bravado on an
assignment to the Congo. During that flight, I learned the full meaning of,
"For your own safety and comfort, we recommend you keep your seat belt
fastened at all times."

Flying in a military transport plane I had the good fortune of three seats
to myself, allowing the luxury of sleeping across them during the long
flight.

Without warning the aircraft hit turbulence. Suddenly I found myself rudely
awakened

hanging near the ceiling frantically grabbing at the top of the seats while
the plane dropped

away from me. I wasn't alone in this moment of uncontrolled free flight;
obviously others had been flying with unbuckled seat belts also.

Camera bag, film, people and box lunches tumbled in the air for what seemed
an

eternity. But in a few moments we thumped back onto our seats.

First things first!

A photographer always checks camera gear first. "NOT THIS TIME!" I couldn't
get the belt fastened quick enough. If there was any more free-fall flying,
I was staying attached to the airplane.

I've never flown since without buckling-up, "take off until landed!"

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] (new) STORY SERIES AS A TEST FOR THE NEXT BOOK? :-))
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] (new) STORY SERIES AS A TEST FOR THE NEXT BOOK? :-))
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] STORY SERIES AS A TEST FOR THE NEXT BOOK? :-))