Subject: [Leica] NO STRESS SHOOTING FOR 2012 !
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 17:10:39 -0800

> Thanks Ted,
> > No stress shooting is a lovely way to spend time making pictures.
> > Regards
> > Walter

Hi Walter,
A couple, well maybe a few things about no stress shooting:

1/
If one is an amateur and not relying on their photo results to make their
living, photography should be completely a "FUN ENJOYABLE NO STRESS
ACTIVITY!" If it isn't? Then why stress out over your hobby?

Hell isn't day to day life sometimes stressful enough without what is
supposed to be your "non-stress hobby that is suppose to alleviate the day
today crap most of us have to put up with?" By the same token we each in our
way want to be successful where a visual result is the end product! That's
just a natural human being thing. Praise is always nice. :-) But it should
not create stress! "FEEL GOOD IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!"

Besides , "don't we all enjoy the pat on the back or word or two of
compliments of a successful photo?" Trust me, even more so when you are
being paid compliments and the viewers are making nice comments about the
finished results. ERGO? They are not thinking about your invoice! :-)

2/
Just plain shooting simply because you're motivated by the images and beauty
before you without any thoughts about filters, ASA, lens or many of the
"TECHIE" elements that seem to plague so many others. My complete for better
term... "philosophy, is KISS!" In the days of film before I went into the OR
while shooting for one of the medical books it was quite simple.
1... Load cameras. whatever model at the time... The best of all model for
this work?  M7 without question.
      Completely equipment mind free to use.  (Seemed rather logical.) :-)
2... Set ASA on each upon loading
3... Hold each camera in hands just for a simple feel of camera.... just in
case?  "could never figure out why I did it,
      But it was a kind of automatic reaction. "Getting the feel, although
done a thousand times before!"
4... Walk in and whatever grabbed my eye, start shooting! Over concerns
about lighting? Never happened! You
       could see what was going on and if you were motivated "CLICK!" :-)
Hundreds upon hundreds of rolls exposed simply because of the motivation of
the scene moment....... "NOT ONE SECOND ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE!" Other than
where I was going to move within the operating room.? And a quick look to
check how many frames were left in each camera as I let it hang on the
strap!

Quite simple really.  I believe it's nothing more than seeing, feeling -
shooting the moment all in the blink of an eye of re-action without thought!
No body ever told me to shoot in that fashion.... just instinct and
enjoyment. Love it!
Stress free. Is there any other self satisfying way to enjoy photography?

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)