Subject: [Leica] Sticky on/off button M8 - need advice
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 21:14:20 -0500

Well, I would be guessing that there might be some dirt the has gotten
into the mechanism.  I would try a tiny drop of lighter fluid at the
collar, between the rotating and non-rotating part, and see if it
loosens the mechanism.

If it does loosen up, then follow up with a tiny tiny drop of oil
(shutter oil ) and chased in with a tiny drop of lighter fluid.

If it works, it would save you a trip to a service shop.

Now, I don't know the shutter or switch mechanism of the M8, but, I have
done plenty of work inside of M1's up to M5's, and CL, Xpan II and Nikon
F/F2.

So, I am guessing, but, with some experience behind me.

....Vick

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] Sticky on/off button M8 - need advice)
Message from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Sticky on/off button M8 - need advice)
Message from charcot at comcast.net (Charcot) ([Leica] Sticky on/off button M8 - need advice)