Subject: [Leica] WIT: 28mm Summicron-M or 50mm M
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 22:32:27 -0400

When I became an R shooter in the 1980s I came to love the 28mm Elmarit,
which became my favorite walk-around lens for the R4. When I got my M8, I
chose the 24mm 2.8 Elmarit ASPH for the same reason. Now that I have an M9,
the 24 is a bit too wide and/or too close to the 21mm. I also now need a
"normal" lens for the M9.

Looking to trade the 24 (black ) and a silver Summilux-M 35mm 1.4 ASPH
(latest series but one), both absolutely mint, for a likewise black and
minty Summicron 28mm f/2 and a 50 'lux or 'cron.

In other words, I offer the 24 or the 35 in trade for a 28 or 50. The
current B&H prices for the 24 and the 28 are identical; the current 35/1.4
is 25% higher, but IIRC the price of my earlier version was about (or
exactly) the same as the current 24 & 28 price, so an even-up trade among
these seems more or less correct. The 50 might need some green shims.

If interested, contact me off-list at howard dot ritter at mac dot com.

?howard