Subject: [Leica] slightly OT: running CS2 and LR (Win) in a virtual Windows machine
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 11:41:15 -0700

Nathan wrote:

"Hi Oliver,
Can I ask why you are polluting your well-specified iMac with Win 7?
Cheers,
Nathan"

it's a fair question. There are several reasons, primarily the following:

1) Because my wife is a Registered Investment Advisor (fee-based only; she
neither sells products nor manages other people's money), she is required by
law to maintain all business records, including e-mail, for seven years. MS
Office Outlook (not Express) has been and continues to be an essential tool
for her. Her iPhone contacts and calendar synchronize with Outlook. She uses
her MS Word, Excel, QuickBooks, and Access files on an almost daily basis.
Neither she nor I want to spend the time and energy to deal with MS Office
or Quicken in their Mac implementations. All of her backup files are on
external NTFS hard drives.

2) I cannot afford to buy a new suite of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. All
of my image files and backups are on external NTFS hard drives.

Oliver

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] slightly OT: running CS2 and LR (Win) in a virtual Windows machine)