Subject: [Leica] [img] The Iliad - Greeks, battles, smoke & epicness.
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the LUG)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 12:15:41 -0400

Lobby poster for curiotheatre.org's production of Homer's "The Iliad", it's
a two actor show done in the Homeric style and this shot was wonderful to
work on. A surprisingly simple setup with a 63 inch photek softlighter II
providing the main light and an sb80 with a snoot providing rim lighting and
illuminating the fog. I wish I could say that, like the play, it was an epic
production, but we were done in about 20 takes. Post was slight
desaturization, slight posterizing, and addition of grain to de-sharpen a
bit and make it look a bit more like 800 speed color neg. C&C welcome, even
if it's just to complain that Trajen's Roman and 1400 years after the Battle
of Troy.

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2010/kyle-cassidy-iliad.jpg