Subject: [Leica] IMG: Pollinator
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 20:59:20 -0700

Jim Nichols offered:

>>Someone would surely point out that any image from a 4/3 camera
> system isn't worth the bother.  But I have enjoyed the nice comments that
> I have received today.<<<<

Hi Jim,
Well what happens with the 4/3 whining techieheads is, they're techeads not
feeling photographers! And they think completely in the techie thing instead
of "go out & shoot great photos" and get over this size crap already. Take
pictures and love what you do, be happy with what ever camera one owns! By
the same token one should always go for the highest quality possible with
whatever you have for gear!

As far as anyone offering this....
>>Someone would surely point out that any image from a 4/3 camera system
>>isn't worth the bother.<<<<,  Quite frankly that's bull s...t!  in capital
>>letters! Just tell them to "GET STUFFED!"

I have an M8 and get smashing excellent quality prints at 18." X 12" or
whatever the  height. And I get paid very nicely without any complaints
because it isn't a full frame image exposure. I use a simple Canon Rebel of
some kind with some Leica glass and some Canon glass and make 18" X 12"
prints and they look smashing.

Do I look at my photos and cry because it's a 4/3 whatever the hell that
means? I look at the content and that's all that matters! The end result if
one is shooting an assignment or not is keeping the paying clients happy
with quality photographs! It's absolutely KISS !!

This constant crap about size doesn't matter as much as what some people go
on about. Sure I'd like to have a couple of M9's as I did with film M
cameras. But in that case I always had 3 of them, all the same model with
different lenses as I hate changing lenses in the middle of a fast moving
people doing stuff assignment.

I bet your bee photograph would make an outstanding 18"X12" print on
whatever paper you wished to use.

And anyone, not likely a photo editor, would shoot the picture down because
it was exposed on a 4/3 size.

It's still a smashing photograph given the flight of the bumble bee is as
fast as it is. You have this incredible image. Good on you, 4/3, 2/4, a 6
pack of beer or whatever size doesn't matter!!

cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Pollinator)
Message from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] IMG: Pollinator)