Subject: [Leica] Leica full-frame image
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:39:19 -0400 (EDT)

Do it yourself is better :) except when cooking chinese,
take out wins every time (at least in my case).

Walgreens is great for lazy old B&W film shooters like me.
For under 6 bucks you drop off a roll of BW400CN (C-41),
pop into the market for some high cal goodies, pop back
into WGs, and go home with sleeved, reasonably well processed
negs and low res scans on cd which are fine for most web-based
apps...kinda like a high-end proof sheet...see a nice shot like
this one, re-scan at home, print 12x19 and serve with a nice dry red ;)

Montie

>I have some nice old film cameras, and some Leica lenses that I rarely get
to see the whole frame because I use them on my M8.

A couple weeks ago, I posted that shot from Pentecost and it was OK, but I
didn't like the scans they do at Walgreens, on CDs; but they certainly are
convenient, just four blocks away.

I dread work, and  scanning is kind of like work, but I dug out the Nikon
Coolscan 5000, and plugged it in, and to my astonishment, it worked under
Windows 7 kinda, using a Vista driver.

I rescanned the film, and I kinda like it.

Oh yeah, before I could do that, I had to dismantle the scanner and clean
the mirror. (Word to the wise.  Keep your scanner covered when not in
use.)   (Further word to the wise:  Don't drink too much coffee before you
try to clean a scanner mirror.)

Anyhow, here is the full frame scan.    Below is the Walgreens scan

http://www.sonc.com/pentecost_2010.htm

Leica M2, 21mm Super Angulon f4, Fujicolor 400 scanned on Nikon Coolscan
5000

--
Regards,

Sonny