Subject: [Leica] asparagus plants in portrait mode with Phil Flash
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 18:26:00 -0400

> Yo, Rabs:
>
> I gotta ask; are you sure them's is asparagus?
>
> Maybe not the common supermarket variety we grow up here in the Upper Left
> Corner.  A cruise through the field outside of WallaSquared (or Walla
> Walla)
> as it says on the map will provide a very different, delicate, more
> horizontal
> growth, commonly used as "spray" by florists.
>
> Nonetheless, a good capture.  Makes me wonder if I'll ever use the strobe
> function or 2n curtain on the R8 and 9..
>
> Best,
>
> Bob

I've been to Walla Walla twice. Its part of the Lewis and Clark Trail. Love
the area love the big sweet onions and love.....ok love the onions.
The hills.
Walla Wallaians are nice people. And they have to have a sense of humor.

The pop up flash I'd avoid those cameras like the plague they reeked of
amateurism but now a days flash with slow synch and auto everything can have
a subtle etching in effect. Phil they call it or back light. You don't loose
the sense of the ambient light of the shot but you do gain an edge. 20,000th
of a seconds worth. And it stops you from missing your shot lots of times.
 as there are NO LIGHT situations.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner