Subject: [Leica] How much should I charge for use of photo?
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:58:22 -0400

I have no opinion on what the charge should be but as a business lawyer in
private practice for a lot of years I would suggest that you control the
printing, i.e. you negotiate whatever fee you agree on and give him a
license (the law term for the use of intellectual property and put it in
writing signed by you both) to make X number of cards but have him/her tell
you the printer and furnish the printer with the image and instructions to
make only the 150 copies. Otherwise you can be almost certain that if he
makes the prints, he will without your knowledge make 3X 150 copies or 10X
150 copies and you will never know.

Seth