Subject: [Leica] Leica Won't Improve Your Photography
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 02:15:35 -0400

> At 09:37 PM 9/11/2009, you wrote:
>
>> But did you say a Leica M was quicker to focus than autofocus cameras
>> without mentioning shooting with a zone focusing concept going on?
>>

>> Mark William Rabiner
>
> I can focus my Leica's faster than I can my Canon's.  The Canon's you
> have to set a dial choosing a focus point, then the camera has to
> hunt and hunt in low light to focus.  With the Leica, I usually have
> my fingers on the focus dial and by the time it's up to my eye, I've
> got it approximately where I want it to be, focus on the center of
> interest, recompose and shoot.  I would much rather focus a
> rangefinder than a DSLR anyway - but that's just me.
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley
> www.tinamanley.com

Well you don't really have to chose a focus point do you?
Wont it just focus by itself? Cant be that much different from Nikons.
There are 4 different settings or incomprehensible automation on mine. All
of it just seems to work. I don't even look through my camera for half my
shots. Let alone pick points. Sure I sometimes move to a different point.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Leica Won't Improve Your Photography)
Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] Leica Won't Improve Your Photography)