Subject: [Leica] M9 thoughts!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:51:26 -0400

>  Frank Dernie writes in part:
>

>> I tried to order a M9 on Wednesday, but so far no luck, even on a delivery
>> date. I reason to myself that it is cheaper than a Canon 1Ds Mk3, and
>> following the teething problems with the M8 Leica would not release the M9
>> without exhaustive prototyping...
>

> Damn annoying wrt availability.

Having just read The Luminous Landscape blubs on Leicas
take no prisoners attack on the entire photo industry
one thing stood out in my mind.
That the size of the S2 is smaller than the D3x and Canon 1Ds Mk3

The Leica S2 is a DSLR.
It just happens to be medium format and cost fortune.
And it just happens to blow the results obtained from the Nikon and Canons
away.

Expect to see them out there.
Taking snaps of Mt. Rushmore.

Mark William Rabiner