Subject: [Leica] M9 thoughts!
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:38:51 +0100

Doug Herr wrote:

>[MAD] but there's no R10 [/MAD]

It's maddening indeed, Doug, especially after all the consultation on
ideal specifications with Leica R nuts that went on during the M8
launch at Photokina 2006.

Mind you, the party line was that a full-frame M was 'impossible'
until quite recently, so whether there's any commitment at Solms to
the digital future of the R series is anyone's guess.

And were we not promised 'an alternative R solution' by Herr Daniel?
No sign of it yet, and I'm not holding my breath.

In the meantime I'd better get out my pair of SL2s and exercise them
with old-fashioned film while there's still some to buy.

Best

Alex
--
Alex & Carmel Hurst