Subject: [Leica] Peso: It's that time of year? with link this time
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 21:50:53 +0100

"Mark Rabiner" <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote

> - add some third party noise software to it and you've got a D300 .

As a D200 user, I was just about to give it a chance to become famous
through eBay & be owned by a third set of hands, when I saw the above.
Besides hankering after full frame, noise is one of the reasons for a
change. What's the name of the software you recommend?

I'm tempted to move to a D700 for my everyday digital as I could still use
my existing Nikon glass, but would like some second opinions on that. I find
I'm not using my F5 that I bought the glasss for much at all, but use the
D200 instead. For 35mm street, I'll use the Leica M3 until an affordable M9
comes along, as it's quite wonderful to handle. I'll want to hear how the M9
performs and its issues before I move to get one, so a D700 appears to be
the obvious current interim full frame option that would cover general
photography. What do people think?

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry