Subject: [Leica] MacBook Pro glossy screen contrast
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:57:08 -0400

> There have been lots and lots of complaints on all of the photography
> forums about the glossy screen - to the point that Apple had to come
> out with a matte option in the bigger sizes.
>
> Tina

Well darn I wish I was more plugged in!

Glossy 13 inch Mac photographers unite!
I bet there are tens of thousands of us.

I have two Lug friends who have offered to help me out in the real world so
this is great. Looks like I'm going to New Jersey the Garden state right
across the Hudson!

But I'm thinking there has to be a simple solution.
They just have to make the calibration software more human..
You have to be able to lower the contrast without throwing off the color.

After looking at all those calibration targets I may be the real problem
with the screen is not crushed blacks but bleached out whites.
All the white bars at the ends are white.
On some of the targets I can actually make out the last two blacks.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] MacBook Pro glossy screen contrast)
Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] MacBook Pro glossy screen contrast)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] MacBook Pro glossy screen contrast)