Subject: [Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:52:07 -0400

Ken Iisaka wrote:

>>> I am capturing more memorable moments.  That's priceless.

Ken has it right.  The 'rational brain' calculations have it all wrong.
The equation isn't one of cost per exposure, it's one of productivity.  I'm
much more productive with the DMR than with the SL.  Part of that is
because I can afford to make a LOT more mistakes with the DMR than with any
film - so the assumption that a digital camera is used like a film camera
is all wrong.

How much is that productivity worth?  That's for each of us to decide based
on our unique circumstances.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?)
Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?)