Subject: [Leica] B&W Power or Pastel color Power?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:05:59 -0700

Lluis showed:

I show the picture in both versions, I like both, I like very much the

tonal rendition of the old Zeiss Sonnar Jena 2/85mm, both in B&W and

Color

This is a lovely young girl....

In B&W

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/La+Rambla/L1005273bw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/n87r89

In Color

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/La+Rambla/L1005273.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/kukqoq
<http://tinyurl.com/kukqoq%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c> <<<<<<<<

Lluis mon ami remember you did ask! :-)

I see this as nothing more than a technical illustration of how the lens
records an exposure. Even in your own words you say.>>> I like very much the

tonal rendition of the old Zeiss Sonnar Jena 2/85mm, both in B&W and
Color.<<<<<<<<<

Followed by.. >> This is a lovely young girl....<<<<<<  She is that and
probably with lots of photo potential if you hadn't cut her arms off? :-(

If we look at this as a complete photograph illustrating a young girl doing
something, then you missed the photographic point as a story telling photo.
Simply because she is obviously reaching for something with her right hand
and it's cut off! :-( As is her left hand.

However, AS A TECHNICAL photograph illustrating the >>>> Zeiss Sonnar Jena
2/85mm,<<<< ability of recording, then this is a successful exposure in both
colour and monochrome.

So what you have here is a successful technical illustration photograph on
the one hand, the lens. And a missed human photo moment on the other.

If you can figure this out please let me know! :-)

Cheers,

ted

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] B&W Power or Pastel color Power?)