Subject: [Leica] IMG: My Summicron-R 50 Arrived
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 18:31:48 -0500

My KEH BGN Leitz Canada Summicron-R 50/2.0 from 1978 arrived today. A few
exterior rubs, etc, but the glass looks great and everything functions as it
should.  I shot some flowers, etc, but was curious about the ability to grab
details with this lens.

>From the ground in my back yard, I photographed the top of the power pole
>at the back corner of my lot, where the branch circuit fuse is located.
>This fuse trips when suicidal squirrels or dead tree branches attack the
>neighborhood electrical feed.

I was impressed by the detail in this image, as well as some others I made.
Looks like a keeper!  Now all I need to find are an E55 UV filter and a
front cap that will fit over the built-in hood.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Neighborhood+Fuse.tif.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA