Subject: [Leica] CV 1.4/40mm and 1.2/35mm on M8 - what is your experience?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 20:26:17 -0700

Tina offered:

Subject: Re: [Leica] CV 1.4/40mm and 1.2/35mm on M8 - what is your
experience?

>Be interested in seeing what you shoot in those darkened bars you hang out

>in! ;-) No filters, no fiddling, just clicked onto the body and blazed
away!

>;-)

You guys are making me jealous!  I loved mine, too, until all of the

internal screws fell out.  Then I sent it back to be repaired and

since I got it back, it seems like the focus is off.  I can't get a

clear focus on infinity and close focusing seems a lot more finicky

that it did before.  I've hesitated to send it back in because maybe

it's my eyes acting up again. :-(  But I don't seem to be having any

trouble with my 75/1.4!!  I hate equipment problems.<

Hi Tina,

I'm sorry to hear of your problems with the f 1.2 CV 35mm lens. I've grabbed
a solid hold on wood as I type this just in case. But mine, as far as I'm
concerned, has been a dream machine lens since it arrived! I've used it on
three different M8's and a few images offan M7 and each it has operated
perfectly.

The more surprising has been the extreme blow-ups during cropping from an M8
image that it has cut on the sensor. Maybe it's just the sensor, but they
have been wonderful.

I don't imagine your problem is your eyes, certainly if your 75mm is fine.
Maybe try to get the lens replaced? I realize that's easier said than
happens. :-( Unfortunately!

ted