Subject: [Leica] three more Hong Kong pictures
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:00:17 +0800

Hello Luggers
I was in Central Hong Kong (the high end shopping and business
district)last week and had my G9 canon with me (the M8 is visiting the
repair shop for a rangefinder adjustment).
Here is a shot - a taxi on fire at the corner of Pedder Street and
Queen's Road Central - that illustrates the old axiom that all you
have to do is be there, f8.0, and take the picture.
One impressive thing about Hong Kong is how fast the traffic police
arrive when there is a problem. Five motorcycle cops were on the scene
in about a minute - directing traffic and with a fire extinguisher.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/Taxi-on-firew.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/pazwn4

High in the mountains of Lantau Island is located the Ngong Ping
Monastery. Visiting Monks from all over come to stay there and when
they travel into town by ferry they act just like any tourist taking
in the sights and taking pictures;

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/Monkscamerasw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/q5tjv2

And religions in the modern world require the tools of that world,
here is a monk on the ferry working his mobile phone with his daytimer
in his lap.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/BhuddasworkW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/psm7l9

All C&C welcome as always