Subject: [Leica] Nathan's Book List
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 00:15:41 -0400

Bulb books are great.
They just don't put you in the category of "published photographer".
If this category is not valued by you or are the people on this list that
great! It has no value.
But trust me being a published photographer or writer in the real world
packs a lot of weight and this has long been the case; and its not generally
a matter of any contention or controversy.
But I suppose I can only speak for me.
When I come out with a Bulb book I'm going to value it very highly. Love it.
But when  a publishing company puts out a book of my work that will be a
much bigger deal by a factor of many decimal points.
It would be a major milestone of my or any photographers life.
I'm sorry but this is only common sense.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Nathan's Book List)