Subject: [Leica] G10
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 22:21:01 -0700

>> I have a dlux-4, thank you for the compliment. I'll pass on your

>> words of wisdom to him and all the agencies toting around the long

>> telephotos, highest resolution bodies and sharpest lenses, I've

>> already stated the reasons why the top guys use the top equipment but

>> you'd have to be amongst them and competing with them to
understand.<<<<<<<

Philip,

The real wisdom of using great teles and other lenses is when the
photographer is using LEICA long glass! I thought this might have been
something you understood being on the LUG! Quite frankly I've never used
anything but LEICA long lenses and extenders covering any assignment. And
certainly for the Olympics or any sports.

For whatever this means and why were talking about it? Oh yes you were
explaining to us about a buddy of yours who is a sport photographer and
spends 16,000 pounds a year on gear! Have you priced a LEICA 400 2.8 lately?
Of course you only buy one and only once! :-) Still don't understand what
yer buddy spends 16,000 pounds a year on?

Oh by the way, if you'd like to see some of my Olympic sport action
photographs you might consider buying my latest BLURB book as there are some
neat colour pages you might like when using long LEICA glass! :-)

Dr. ted