Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another One, 75/1.4 on M8
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:24:40 -0700

Tina showed:

I'm working through all of the photos of the elderly guy knitting.  I

think I like this one better than the first one even though he's not

looking at me (or maybe because he's not looking at me)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/tinamanley/090208_865_0402.jpg.html

He's 83 years old but he can still knit!

Hi Tina,

Very nice indeed. The first one of this gentleman you posted was exceptional
in everyway possible.

However! :-)

In this one you've captured more than a wrinkled face old chap in gorgeous
coloured clothing. You captured what appears as a "twinkle in the eye of he
was a little devil of guy in his youth. The eyes tell it all and look at
that smile! A beautiful photograph of a human being. Jeeeesh you can read
all kinds of nice imaginary things into this gentleman's face, eyes and
smile!! :-) Love it!

Someone who looks like this, creates a situation of  "wouldn't you like to
sit down with him and shoot the breeze learning of his past?"

Thanks, made my day.

ted

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Another One, 75/1.4 on M8)