Subject: [Leica] Sad news for Flexers
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 18:13:27 +0100

I got the original message too.
Well, they must have needed that cash badly.
We may also conclude the guarantee period on the last R(s?) they sold is
now out... which tells a lot about film camera sales over the past
months/years.
Cleaning the drawers before new management comes in also makes sense, in
a way.

The good news, for some, is that Leica is now a company totally
committed to digital.
The sad news is that it further excludes R users of their target population.
I feel I'm more the latter, and will have to keep learning to do without
Leica.
Pity the whole experiment is sort of a 'way of the cross' ; I really had
had fun with the R9.2 Diesel:
http://gallery.lfi-online.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=36

<http://gallery.lfi-online.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=36>

Bien amicalement.