Subject: [Leica] NEWSWEEK MAGAZINE & PHOTOGRAPHY.
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 18:27:47 -0500

At 06:14 PM 3/4/2009, you wrote:
>http://www.newsweek.com/id/73349
>
>Have a look at this Newsweek story about photography. Rather interesting and
>will probably create an interesting conversation.
>
>ted

"Photography is finally escaping any dependence on what is in front of a
lens"

I hope not!!  It's my hope that photography will
come full circle and after traveling through
Cindy Sherman and digital manipulations and
beyond it will come all the way back to reportage.

"The next great photographers?if there are to be
any?will have to find a way to reclaim
photography's special link to reality."

I hope so.

"And they'll have to do it in a brand-new way."

Why?  What's wrong with the the old way?

Tina

Replies: Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] NEWSWEEK MAGAZINE & PHOTOGRAPHY.)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] NEWSWEEK MAGAZINE & PHOTOGRAPHY.)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] NEWSWEEK MAGAZINE & PHOTOGRAPHY.)