Subject: [Leica] Don't lie to your M8...
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:00:51 +0100

Although several people use the approach of simply leaving the M8 set
for lens detection on and UV/IR on, regardless of whether the lens is
actually coded and has the filter, I discovered that this approach
does not always work well. Saturday I took some pictures in Valencia
with my 18mm Zeiss. It is coded as the WATE, but I did not have the
filter on. The result was the mother of all colour casts. Regarding
coding vs. non-coding it probably does not matter, but it certainly
seems that at least with this particular lens, one should tell the M8
the truth as to whether or not the UV/IR filter is mounted.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu