Subject: [Leica] lens problem with another brand
From: leica at ralgo.nl (leica)
Date: Fri Feb 27 08:27:11 2009

Upon reading this Larry's assistance (Leica windfall), I am prompted
to ask if anyone has experience with the Nikon VR motors. For
mechanical equipment, we have gurus here in NL, but this ...............

I explain. I am contemplating the purchase of a second-hand VR Nikon
zoom. The motor in the lens "rings" slightly. Nikon Service here says
it can come from "dust" (from a sealed lens?) or just be a motor
fault. Since the lens has not been used for two or more years, I
wonder whether it could be just a question of gradually "warming-up"
the motor.

Ideas, experience?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce.