Subject: [Leica] Real True Beauty ! ! !
From: summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez)
Date: Wed Feb 25 22:01:29 2009

Howdy All

Have a look at my Schwinn Ranger

http://63.164.201.182/pub/ranger.jpg

It's almost finished. I just got the new direct curve calipers in the mail
and I'm waiting for the drop bars and V drop levers. It's hard to get V drop
levers! Boy this is more fun than cameras! I've been building up this puppy
since last summer and It's starting to look downright exotic! Notice the
chain? The frame has vertical dropouts but there's no tensioner!
The frames geometry allows a 39T chainring and a 16T sprocket to be tied
together almost perfectly without needing a tensioner. I just shimmed the
axle by about .150" and it worked out great! The only things left from the
original bike are the frame the seat and the pedals. I like cheapo plastic
pedals!

I can hardly believe this started out as a department store bike from Target!

http://63.164.201.182/pub/schwinn-0.jpg

I think it should be finished in less than a week.

I'd love to see pics of your bikes thank you.

Please be imaginative!

Later

Javier

http://www.ultragone.net

Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail.
http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_AE_Access_022009

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Real True Beauty ! ! !)