Subject: [Leica] Lens compatibility
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Jan 28 21:08:27 2009

You only have 2 options with the lenses you own......

1) immediately sell them before they depreciate more, as they have
absolutely no compatibility with an M8.....and old film lenses are useless
and usually worthless..especially that Nocti-whatever....
Sell them to me, I still use film lenses....

2)  Go ahead and buy the M8.  Your lenses are fully compatible, however you
may wish to have the lenses coded for  the M8, especially the 35 and wider
lenses.....  ( $175 each or find John Milich ( sp?) who will nnmodify your
mounts for about $25 each.. you do the take apart and replacement)

And there is a lot of data that the Noctilux MAY need to be re-calibrated
with your M8 for better performance...

Your choice.... #1 or #2?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net