Subject: [Leica] query from new subscriber
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Thu Jan 8 17:11:48 2009

Brian wrote, in part:
A person that I shall not identify has just subscribed to the LUG, and he is
wondering if he has come to the right place.

>> Based on the first 100 emails from LUG, I wasn't sure I should lob basic
>> issues into an apparently high level conversation

Lob away.  See what happens, you may well be impressed.

>and then later on he says
>> I have an M2 (c.a. 1957), the VisoFlex, five lenses,  a pile of
>> adapter rings and filters, a Pradovit projector, old light meters, etc...
>> So, my questions:
>> How many photographers -- serious and otherwise -- still use M2 or
>> similar cameras?

I use film Leicas with black-and-white film for 75-95% of my personal
photography, which is 95% of the photography I do.  I used to process C41
and E6 myself too but now use digital (an m8, when i can subdue the thing
into doing what I want it to do) for colour.  There are plenty of film M
Leica users here.