Subject: [Leica] Our other Samoyed
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Mon Jan 5 12:19:08 2009

Following on from the posts by George and Steve about the Samoyed breed
of dogs, here's a portrait I took of our Girl Kia.
She's 11 years old.  She suffers from Diabetes Insipidus, which means
she has to have a hormone eye drop twice a day to ensure her kidneys
continue to function properly.  She's also a bit arthritic, though when
she's bounding around the house with Buddy, you wouldn't know it.
Metacam is a wonderful drug :-)

With regard to the "exercise, exercise" comment made by George.  It's
simple.  Just get a Buddy! The way he rushes around, they both get
plenty of exercise!  He has a heart murmer (it's caused by a Ventricular
Septal Defect), which doesn't seem to affect him one iota.  We
deliberately keep him a little underweight to ensure his heart isn't
under too much strain.

Anyway.  The picture is at

http://www.monomagic.co.uk/gallery.php?gallery=peso&image=2009-peso-1-1.jpg

EOS 20D, Sigma 30mm f1.4  1/30sec f1.4, ISO 400.

Hope you enjoy the picture.

All the best,

Mark

-