Subject: [Leica] I resolve to be grateful for the LUG
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Jan 2 08:08:11 2009

While I know that e-mail lacks tone, I find the LUG to be very humorous
on occasion (even when I wonder if humor was intended).

The LUG has its own unique tone. That's what makes it so special. It's
become an institution. This list has been around for years, and even
though on-line capabilities have changed the LUG has maintained a
certain unchanging character.

For me it's a comfortable familiarity. I've left for stretches, but when
I come back I feel like I never left. Add me to the long list of those
who are grateful to Brian for that, and more.

I'm sure this list could have been taken many different directions, and
even been a commercial success. I've very grateful that it has remained
what it is. I don't know the behind the scenes stuff, but I'm sure it's
taken much effort with few if any rewards. Many, many thanks, Brian!!!

This year I resolve to appreciate more the things that I take for
granted, like Tri-X and the LUG!

DaveR