Subject: [Leica] About Kiva and Loss....
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Sun Dec 7 11:27:45 2008

Richard;

What a Beautiful Girl.  Easy to understand why you love her so much.

Sadly, it's probably past time.

Dogs innately cloak their physical pain.  We finally learned this
after rescuing 5 fabulous dogs, the last of which (a big, handsome,
tricolor Border Collie) we said goodbye to last month.

He was 14 and fading fast.  In his way, with his eyes, he told us,
"Enough.  Time for me to move on."

It is a wrenching experience to lose such a faithful and uncritical
(at least, most of the time) companion.  They teach us a lot about
being human beings, about patience, tenderness, tolerance courage and
humor.

We lasted exactly two days into the grieving process; my wife called
me at a job site to inform me she had found a brother and sister, 9
years old through Northwest Border Collie Rescue.

Their family was out of work in Idaho and moving to a job in
Minnesota.  The dogs were in the pound, scheduled for "disposal".
They were saved by Idaho Border Collie Rescue and transported to a
Rescue Family in Selah, WA (near Yakima in eastern WA) where, after
the formalities (included a visit to our home and yard), they called
and said, "Come and get them!"

By the way; the Visitor brought her two Border Collies to check out
our house and yard.  I swear they came back downstairs, sat in front
of her and said, ("This place checks out OK - not perfect but it'll
do...")

I understand that it's too early just now to think about another
dog(s).  Just know that there are thousands of deserving pups out there.

Meanwhile Kiva is in a State of Grace, patiently waiting for you to
help her through this time of mutual pain.  Our hearts go out to you
both.

With respect and condolences,

Bob

Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] time to say goodbye to a good friend....)