Subject: [Leica] Multi-Coating Development
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat Nov 22 10:14:36 2008

On Nov 21, 2008, at 9:25 PM, Robert Meier wrote:
> The archives don't answer the question of whether Leica lenses are
> multi-coated.   In fact, no one seems to know, as your answer
> indicates -- "... I suspect that that would have been when Leitz
> began multi-coating its lenses."
> Perhaps, Ted, this is an academic question, but it's one I've been
> curious about for some time, and I thought this would be the place
> to ask it.   You seem to want to censor my question, even though it
> is a legitimate question about Leica lenses.   Why is that?   Are
> only questions that interest you allowed here?

You know that's not the case Bob, the questions are fine, likely with
most all of us...
I have an interest in correct answers...

In medicine, we observe...answers are free, but the correct answer
will cost you a little more...

The answers here vary from gossip to regurgitated dogma, and surely an
occasional correct answer (but who is to know which, when the noise
level is so high...).

If a question is worth asking, it's worth answering correctly, and
knowing what is correct.

Really, if we don't have that,  our time could be better spent...

Steve

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Multi-Coating Development)
Message from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Multi-Coating Development)
Message from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Multi-Coating Development)