Subject: [Leica] Any opinions/experience with the Zeiss 4/18mm? For Nathan...
From: michael at hintlian.com (Michael Hintlian)
Date: Fri Nov 21 13:52:23 2008

What I mean is the perspective and how a 21mm holds things in space
doesn't change when you put it on  a crop camera like the M8...its
still a 21mm only now you've cropped the image to the same field as a
28.  Try this.  Take a frame with the 21mm on an M8 then shoot a film
frame with a 28 and look at how the subjects relate to each other in
space.  Its subtle but for someone like yourself who has worked with a
specific focal length with film then goes to a crop camera version
(with wider glass) there is a pronounced difference.

Yes I know how just a few millimeters of focal length changes many
things sometimes profoundly...its this exact thing I'm talking about
above.

I hope this is understandable.  Everyone who uses the 18 loves
it...will you get the Milich coding?

Best,

Michael

Michael Hintlian