Subject: [Leica] Good old Oskar did it already almost 100 year ago!!
From: fredhess at phenix-visuals.nl (Fred Hess)
Date: Fri Nov 21 10:43:06 2008

Hello guys,

We all know the reason and purpose why Oskar Barnack initially invented the
proto-type of the Leica-camera: to test filmstrips for his 35mm-cine-camera.

I was reading in the Kodak sponsored magazine 'IN CAMERA' (for
cinematographers) the October 2008 issue, about the making of the film
'Australia' by the director Baz Luhrmann.

One part of this article was especially interesting to me, I quote:

 "They had a few hours one afternoon to shoot initial make-up, hair and
costume tests.  Mandy Walker (DOP / ACS) shot these tests with strips of
different motion picture film stock loaded in her 35mm Leica camera. She
explains that this was a quick way to compare stocks and see how colors and
skin tones reproduced."

Remarkable !!

Kind regards

Fred Hess